The Road Less Travelled
The Road Less Travelled is a living with grief and loss group for family and friends. This group is a partnership between RDS Canada and RDS UK and will be comprised of participants from both the UK and Canada. This international group provides a confidential safe space for participants to discuss experiences with grief and loss in the context of a rare or young onset dementia.
Grief and loss have been described by Kenith J. Doka, author, academic and grief expert, as a “constant and hidden companion” of dementia. In the case of rare and young onset dementia grief and loss can be further complicated by changes in roles and responsibilities at a time in life where individuals and families least often expect this change.
This group runs on a weekly basis, for seven weeks, and offers space for participants to discuss topics such as:
- Understanding and normalizing living with grief and loss experiences
- Grief and loss in the context of rare or young onset dementia
- The impact of grief and loss on identity and role changes
- FTD WebinarJoin us for an educational webinar tailored to exploring matters important for individuals impacted by frontotemporal dementia (FTD). The webinar topics may be of interest to people impacted by other types of dementia. The webinar is open to all registered members of RDS Canada. The webinar is happening on September 25th, 2023 from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm EST. The webinar will be hosted on zoom.
- The Road Less TravelledThe Road Less Travelled is a living with grief and loss group for family or friends. This group runs on a weekly basis, for seven weeks, and offers a confidential virtual space for participants to discuss topics such as: understanding and normalizing living with grief and loss experiences, discuss topics such as grief and loss in the context of rare or young onset dementia, the impact of grief and loss on identity and role changes. These sessions are happening on Thursdays November 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, December 7th, 14th from 9 am - 11 am EST.
- PPA (Primary Progressive Aphasia) Support GroupThis support group is for people living with a diagnosis of PPA along with their family. This group helps members build connection, learn and share practical strategies for living better, and living well as a family supporting someone with a diagnosis of primary progressive aphasia. The 4-week support group is offered as a first stage group where members then join an ongoing monthly PPA support group. These sessions are happening on Mondays, July 10th, July 17th, July 24th, July 31st from 1 pm - 2:30 pm EST.