Monday, September 25th 2023
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm EST
Hosted on zoom
Join us for an educational webinar tailored to exploring matters important for individuals impacted by frontotemporal dementia (FTD). The webinar topics may be of interest to people impacted by other types of dementia. The webinar is open to all registered members of RDS Canada.
FTD Webinar speakers include:
- Dr. Joanne Holmes, Bournemouth University (UK), Eating and drinking well with dementia – development of supporting resources in the UK
- Professor (Dr.) Olivier Piguet, University of Sydney (AU), What is driving social cognition disturbances in frontotemporal dementia?
- Dr. Veronika Williams and Jeff Thornborrow, Nipissing University (CAN), Multi-generational support for families affected by FTD
In order to attend the FTD Webinar please register as a member with us. Registration is free of charge and can be done quickly and easily on our website. If you are already a member with us, please use the button below to register for the FTD webinar. Once we approve your registration, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- FTD WebinarJoin us for an educational webinar tailored to exploring matters important for individuals impacted by frontotemporal dementia (FTD). The webinar topics may be of interest to people impacted by other types of dementia. The webinar is open to all registered members of RDS Canada. The webinar is happening on September 25th, 2023 from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm EST. The webinar will be hosted on zoom.
- The Road Less TravelledThe Road Less Travelled is a living with grief and loss group for family or friends. This group runs on a weekly basis, for seven weeks, and offers a confidential virtual space for participants to discuss topics such as: understanding and normalizing living with grief and loss experiences, discuss topics such as grief and loss in the context of rare or young onset dementia, the impact of grief and loss on identity and role changes. These sessions are happening on Thursdays November 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, December 7th, 14th from 9 am - 11 am EST.
- PPA (Primary Progressive Aphasia) Support GroupThis support group is for people living with a diagnosis of PPA along with their family. This group helps members build connection, learn and share practical strategies for living better, and living well as a family supporting someone with a diagnosis of primary progressive aphasia. The 4-week support group is offered as a first stage group where members then join an ongoing monthly PPA support group. These sessions are happening on Mondays, July 10th, July 17th, July 24th, July 31st from 1 pm - 2:30 pm EST.